Shantaya Stephanie's Podcast

Monday, May 3, 2010

Last and Final Goodbye!

My partner Shantaya and I work very well together. We may have fooled around a little at times but when it came to getting our lesson plan together, we ended up getting it done at a resonable time. In fact, we barely wasted any time getting it done. I liked having Shantaya as a partner because I feel like we wrk well with one another (although I don't know if she feels the same towards me). I felt that the character traits that each of my classmates had to act out was one of the many challenges that I had to tackle that day. If I remember correctly, I think that Shantaya and I were the second group to go and teach. I feel like all of my classmates wanted to make it hard for us once they got comfortable as a whole. I know that I constantly kept tending to everyone for every little problem that they had and that there were some things that the students were doing that I could have avoided. But overall, I thought that shantaya and I did pretty good for exicuting our lesson plan.
The Objectives for our lesson plan was:

  • Students will write a sentence about groundhogs
  • Students will color a picture of what a groundhogs look like
  • Students will evaluate the book " Go to Sleep Groundhog"

As far as assessment went, we basically asked the students some simple questions about the story that they read along with the podcast and the reading. We also did things like circulated the classroom to see how well the students were doing their independent work, used rubrics to grade the classwrk that each student completed and we set a standard that the students had to comply with. They had to meet more than half of the requirements with at least a =-/.

I feel that our lesson plan was executed exactly as it was written except for the part where the teacher had to read to the students again after we handed out the KWL chart. Also when th students had to tell the class what they wrote for their KWL charts. I think that this was because the students were being a little too disruptive at the time. I feel that the Classroom rules were excecuted very well for the most part but as the students began to feel more comfortable, the students became more roudy and they eventually stopped following the rules.

I feel that if I were to teach again, I would not want to keep tending to all of the students that were showing some kind of trait of rebelion and disrespect.

I feel that if I did ignore some of the students and continued on with the lesson, then the class would have been a little more productive and les disruptive because the students would soon realze that they are not going to get the attention that they want from me as a teacher.

I feel like my partner and I needed to improve the way that we exicuted disapline to the classroom. I think when it came to enforcing the classroom rules was a bit disorganized in a sense. I feel that more planning should have went into it.

In our lesson plan we used the podcast as the start of our lesson. We first did the classroom ruls with the students then we continued our lesson by letting the podcast play first before we gave any handouts and such. I felt that it was a great way to get the students to be open minded throughout the lesson as a way for them to wonder about what was to come with the lesson.

For the most part when my partner and I played the pocast they were listening closely because the podcast was very loud and clear and we made character voices as well as a way to keep the students focused and I feel that it was a successfull podcast.

I feel that for the most part, everyone's lesson plan was very creative fun. If I were in a classroom and getting involved with alot of these activities, I feel that I would have had a significant amount of fun. Although there were some lessons that was somewhat unprepared, I feel that a lot of the teachers were able to pull through and make it work. (Marie's lesson was a great example) I really liked the lesson that Katie and Kathy had for the class. I especially liked the turtle that they brought in to show the class. The centers that they had for the class was really fun as well I liked their lesson alot and I had so much fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment